Sunday, September 13, 2009

ROOKIE WINS AGAIN...


(Square Lake, MN - September 12, 2009) Rookie multisportswoman Suzie Finger, 26, of St. Louis Park, picked up her 2nd career win on Saturday at the 10th anniversary edition of the Square Lake Sprint Triathlon. She also has four 2nds and two 3rds to her credit this season.

Square Lake's men's champ was White Bear Lake's fun-loving Chris Sachs. Sachs was also victorious last month at Brewhouse Short Course.

Via e-mail, Suzie Finger commented on her race and her season:

"After St. Croix I got really sad because my triathlon season was over. I wasn't ready to put my wetsuit away, I wanted one more race. So I decided late Wednesday night go for it. The weather was perfect and Square Lake is beautiful. It was the clearest and cleanest lake I've ever swam in and my swim is slowly getting faster. Due to my last minute entry my race time was skewed by 4 minutes as I actually crossed the finish line in 1:37 vs. 1:41, but I was just happy to be out there competing one final time. It was exciting to end my first season with a win. This has been the best summer of my life, I have had a blast training, racing, and meeting so many friendly and talented people in the triathlon community. I'm still don't want the season to end but I have work to do in the pool and many improvements to make for next year."

Square Lake Results: