Thursday, September 24, 2009

A VOTE FOR BURRITO UNION..

With voting for the 2009 Triathletes Choice Race of the Year scheduled (actually re-scheduled) to start next week.

Which event do you plan to vote for?

Tim Evanson favors the Burrito Union 5 & 10 Hour Tri.

"I will ... put my vote (and my wife's) towards Burrito Union 5 and 10 hour Tri. I was wearing #6 for the 10 hr solo, and my wife was part of the MN Xtreme relay team. Having never raced that far or that long, I had no idea what to expect. To be ridiculously succint, the event kicked ass. Rod Raymond and co. did an amazing job pulling everything together. From coordinating volunteers, to convincing a State Park to let a bunch of crazies take over for the day, it all added up to a memorable experience. Could you expect anything less from the man who won the first solo Swiss Gigathlon?


"Camping at the site is extremely convienent and Pattison State Park is beautiful, my only regret about the race is that I couldn't see more of the park....The format, while unusual is a great idea; go for as long or as short as you want, stop, have a beer or a nap, cheer on the rest of the field, whatever! It's all good!!

"Due to injury, work and life getting in the way, I didn't get to train as much as I hoped. So, I wanted to use this event as a barometer for signing up for Ironman - Madison. At the end of the day it was an easy decision. I will not be the doing Ironman in Madison. It is the same weekend as Burrito Union and I refuse to miss it, it's just too much damn fun."


"1st Runner Up - Trinona"


"I grew up and went to high school in Winona and my parents still live there. I haven't been involved in tri's that long but I have always thought Winona was the perfect landscape for a tri. Kudos to the race director for making that happen. I used to dread track team workouts on Garvin Heights' hill. Having that included in the Olympic course is craziness and why I opted for the Sprint. I will man up next year, however."


"2nd Runner Up - Mpls Duathlon"


"Team Ortho just keeps raising the bar."


- Tim Evanson