Friday, September 18, 2009

YOUR FAVORITE RACE?

Voting for the 2009 Triathletes Choice Favorite Race of the Year is set to begin early next week. Do you know what event you will be voting for?


Patrick Egan (pictured) hopes TriNona wins the ROY Award:

"To me, this inaugural...race was phenomenal. Everything was done right, from the moment I stepped into the registration and was offered something to eat, to doing a pre-race tour of the course and seeing the most scenic views in Minnesota with the Mississippi river in the background, and the bluffs casting shadows across the meadows. I was in heaven! The race was so organized, the water was the perfect temperature and free of weeds, and I didn’t want the bike course to end, it was that scenic. Even the run, which to me is never ‘fun,’ was enjoyable because it curved wonderfully around the lake itself.

"As if things couldn’t get better, it lifted my spirits constantly hearing people praise and support each other on the course with phrases like “Good job!”, “Keep at ‘em”, “You rock!” just makes you realize that although we compete in some sense, we are really all racing together, and we are a community of triathletes that supports and encourages each other. Trinona brings all this to my mind. " - PE

What was your favorite tri or du this year? Feel free to share your thoughts with us. - Ed.