Saturday, April 10, 2010

A TOTALLY COOL STORY...



(Photo: Aaron & Ben making history)

By Ben Collins

In August I was laying on a couch in Tiburon reading the last of the Harry Potter novels when I received an email boasting the subject, “Love Mail” from a name I didn’t recognize, asking if I could “guide him through a triathlon”.. It was Aaron Scheidies, and a quick google search told me he was the fastest visually impaired athlete in the world. Not much can get me get off the couch when I’m rooting against Voldemort, but Aaron wanted to know if I could help him with something epic: He wanted to not only break the Physically Challenged World Record for Olympic Distance Triathlon, but he wanted to smash the record. His goal was to break the two hour barrier, and to do it he needed someone to be there with him the whole way. READ

AARON'S DREAM COME TRUE...PART II..READ

Pro triathlete Ben Collins is a 2-time US Athlete of the Year Honorable Mention and a totally cool guy.