Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS DR. JOSH!



Dr. Josh Sandell was recently selected as a member of the medical staff for the XXI Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Dr. Sandell will serve as a chiropractor on the multidisciplinary Sports Medicine team, including neurosurgeons, primary care physicians and athletic trainers, providing an integrated approach of care for Team USA at the Performance Service Center. The 2010 Winter Olympic Games dates are February 12th – 28th while Dr. Sandell’s assignment date is February 3rd – March 4th. While there, Dr. Sandell’s primary duties will be to provide care to the Team USA athletes during practice sessions in Olympic village, other training facilities, and during the Olympic events. CONTINUED:

Numerous triathletes, including such elite-level performers as Kevin O'Connor, Jeremy Sartain and Becky Burdick, have received world class treatment from Dr. Sandell and his staff at the Spine & Sports Institute. Here is what a couple of prominent triathletes had to say:

I was referred to Spine and Sports Institute because I was not getting the help from other areas of the medical field to completely recover from an IT band problem. Within 30 minutes of my first visit I knew I had found the doctor that would finally help me. Dr. Sandell was able to give me an explanation of why my IT band was so tight and inflamed as well as explain what the treatment would be. With my treatments and rehab exercises I was finally back to competing and competing well. - Michelle Carlson (Ironman triathlete & former Manitou Sprint Race Director)

Throughout my years in competitive racing at various levels of ability, I have encountered several setbacks and injuries. .... Throughout my personal appointments and referrals I have made to Spine and Sports Institute, I have experienced nothing less than the best. This is a high-level treatment office, which focuses on fast recovery and the best result for the patient. - Michael Williams (Three-time Minnesota Junior of the Year)