Friday, December 4, 2009

STEVE CHIMES IN...

2009 Most Improved nominee, Steve Sander had this to say about Devon Palmer going pro:

"If I may I would also like to chime in on Devon's decision to go pro. My response is partially bias as it will mean I won't have to race against him... thank god. However, how cool would it be to tell your grand kids you were a professional athlete. Pretty frickin cool if you ask me. Devon is also young enough that this decision makes perfect sense. What happens if Devon gets hurt and misses this opportunity? No more bragging to the grand kids. I would see this as an opportunity and my opinion is to grab every opportunity you have with both hands because opportunities like this one are few and far between. I like the fact that Devon is challenging himself and that is what this sport is all about. Shoot for the stars Devon and don't let anyone tell you that your dream is unattainable. "


Merry Christmas,
Steve Sander