Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SWIMMING STUFF...




Does this sound familiar ? Quick Tip

Question:

I have a friend here in AZ that wants me to help her with her swimming for a triathlon she will be doing in May. It is her first one. She has to swim 800 meters. I was wondering if you could help me out with some workouts for her to do? I know she can swim laps but does not have the endurance to go a full 800. She said she can only do 10 laps of a 25 yard pool without being totally exhausted. I am not sure where to even begin with her. Should I just start building her yardage up? Help!

Answer:

If she is in shape and cannot ever get past 10 laps before going anaerobic (no air), then she is not breathing properly......READ

Also:

FYI for this Sunday's Clinic Focus

March 21st 2010 Session 2, due to demand, a second session has been added. Training and race techniques, how to structure your swimming workouts and to apply training drills and stroke detail to workouts. Open water and triathlon skill tips. In-water demonstrations, filming and individual critique. This Clinic will run from 2:15pm-4:30pm. Sign up now!, 10 max spots.

Tim Walton
tim@waltontraining.com
http://www.waltontraining.com